¿What are “Cookies” and what are they used for?
Cookies and other similar technologies (like local shared objects, flash Cookies, web beacons bugs, etc.) are text files, images or routines that the website you visit installs or executes in the users’ computer or dispositive (PC, smartphone, tablet, etc.) to register their activity and navigation habits.
In that sense, they refer to whatever device of storage and recover of data that is been used in the user’s system with the finality to storage information and recover the data that have already been stored, always looking for the users’ best experience of navigation.
¿Who is responsible of the Cookies’ use in this website?
- PERRELET, S.A. (from now on, the COMPANY).
- Rue Bubenberg, 7, 2502, Biel/Bienne (Switzerland)
- Entity inscribed in the Canton of Bern Commercial Registry: (CH-645.1.003.749-0).
- Phone number: + 41 (0) 32 346 26 26, Fax number +41 (0) 32 346 26 27.
- E-mail: email@example.com
¿Which kind of Cookies uses this website?
We have classified the Cookies that can be found in this website following these criteria:
a) Entity which manages them:
- Our Cookies: these Cookies are the ones that are sent to the user’s device from an environment managed by the editor and from where the requested service is provided.
- Third party Cookies: these are those that are sent to the user’s device from an environment that is not managed by the editor but by another entity which treats the data obtained by the Cookies.
b) Its duration:
- Session/temporary Cookies: this kind of Cookies is the one designed to collect and store data while the user access to a webpage. Usually, they are used to store information that only interests to keep during the provision of the requested service in just one occasion (i.e. a list of acquired products).
We mostly use session Cookies, which are going to be deleted from the hardware once the browser is closed. These Cookies are useful to manage, for example, the list of the products the user is going to acquire.
- Permanent/persistent Cookies: this kind of Cookies are the ones in which data will get stored in the terminal and so they can be accessed and treated during a specific period of time by the Cookies’ manager. Its period can be from a couple of minutes to years.
We also use persistent Cookies that are going to be stored in the users’ hardware for a longer time. These Cookies have the finality of adjusting the navigation according to the users’ interests and wishes, offering a more comfortable navigation through the website.
c) By its finality:
- Technical or functional Cookies: these are the ones that allow the users their navigation through a website, platform or application, and the use of different options and services that are available there, i.e. traffic control, data communication, session identification, to Access to a restricted area, remember a list from a shopping cart, to shop, to manage the inscription and participation in an event, to use security elements during the navigation, to store content for media diffusion or to share content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: these are Cookies that enable the user to access the service pursuant to certain general, predefined characteristics according to a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as i.e. language, browser type used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: those enable its owner to monitor and analyze the behaviour of the users of the website to which they are linked. The information gathered through this kind of Cookies is used to measure the activity of the website, platform or application and for profiling navigation of users of the website, platform or application, ir order to improve the website using those analyses.
- Advertising Cookies: these are Cookies that enable us to manage the offer of the advertising space on the web page as efficiently as possible, adapting the ad content and frequency to the content of the service requested or the use you make of our web page.
How do they work?
Once you access to the COMPANY website for the very first time, a pop-up message will appear informing about the use of own and third party Cookies, along with their finality, advertising that if the user want to use the website with all its functionalities, is essential to accept the Cookies’ use. If USERS continue their navigation, we may considerer that they accept the use of our functional Cookies and personalization Cookies.
What do not Cookies do on this website?
Cookies enable our systems just to identify the browser or/and device, not giving away more information or personal data from the user.
The Cookies we use do not store sensitive personal-identification information such as your address, your password, the details of your credit or debit card, etc..
¿How can Cookies be disabled and deleted?
The Cookies used by this website can be restricted, blocked, or erased at any time by changing the configuration of your browser in accordance with the instructions given below.
Although each browser is different, normally Cookies can be configured using the ‘Settings’ or ‘Tools’ menu. The browser’s help menu will also provide more information on how to configure Cookies. Below you will find links for each type of browser in order to disable Cookies by following the instructions there:
Internet Explorer (http://goo.gl/vFM6gb)
- Below the “tools” menu, you may click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the privacy tab.
- You can configure your privacy settings using a cursor with six positions that allows you to control the quantity of Cookies that will be installed: Block all Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default setting), Low, and Accept all Cookies.
Mozilla Firefox (http://goo.gl/QXWYmv)
- At the top of the Firefox window click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Under the Firefox option you can select Use a customized configuration for your history in order to configure the options.
Google Chrome (http://goo.gl/fQnkSB)
- Click on the menu located in the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Show advanced settings.
- Under the ‘Privacy’ section click on the Content Settings button.
- Under the ‘Cookies’ sections you can customize your options.
Safari (https://goo.gl/PCjEm3 // https://goo.gl/dQywEo)
- In the “Settings” menu, you may click on the ‘preferences’ option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Click on the option you want from the section entitled ‘block Cookies’.
- Remember that certain features and the full functions of the Website may not be available after you disable Cookies.
- If you do not want to be tracked by Cookies, Google has developed a plug-in that can be installed on its browser, which you can access by following this link: http://goo.gl/up4ND.